If you heard about Trainyard, from your friends, relatives, or even websites, I advise you to purchase the game. But if you’re not very sure about what the game is, I recommend you to either read our previous review about it or download the free demo, TrainYard Express. TrainYard Express is exactly the same as TrainYard, but as expected, it doesn’t consist of as many features that the paid application contains. TrainYard Express is a good way to test out the game & see if you like & enjoy it. You may ask what the difference is between them? Well, TrainYard Express only consists of 60 Puzzles, whereas TrainYard consists of 150. Keep in mind that all of these puzzles are unique & don’t overlap.
Following, are some features that TrainYard Express has:
+ Innovative and challenging puzzle mechanic
+ Smooth difficulty curve
+ Over 60 fantastic puzzles
+ NO ADS
+ Hundreds of ways to solve each puzzle
+ Easily share your unique solutions on Trainyard.ca
+ Looks GREAT on the iPad
+ Engineered for low battery usage
+ Colour-blind mode
The great thing about this application is that it is specifically engineered for low battery usage. Playing this game will not bring down your battery percentage any time soon. That’s a great feature!
Read More on TrainYard here: https://touchreviewz.wordpress.com/?s=trainyard
Test-out the Free version & see if you like it? The paid version is on sale for a limited amount of time, so you better make up your mind quickly! 🙂
Have you tried TrainYard? Do you enjoy solving puzzles? Tell us in the comments! 😛
Microsoft got into a bit of trouble today, as they showed Angry Birds, as an app, on the front of their Tips Page. Rovio, the developer, told fans that Angry Birds was put up on the Front Page without their permission or contend. The company later admitted that it “mistakenly posted” the content & took it down immediately.
Microsoft is expected to launch Windows Phone Marketplace with about 2,000 apps & has been in a race to get as many titles as possible. Some titles take advantage of Windows Phone 7 specific features like Bing maps, but many such as Foursquare and Seesmic are primarily ports. Rovio so far has been dedicated almost exclusively to iOS and only recently posted its first Android app
, a port of Angry Birds
Modern Combat: Sandstorm is one of the best First-Person-Shooters on the iPhone & iPod Touch. It re-defines FPS gaming on the iPhone & iTouch. Sandstorm was created & published by Gameloft, an American gaming company. Lets look at what Sandstorm has to offer…
- 10 missions featuring varied and highly polished Middle Eastern environments (city, hospital, sewers, port, lab, training camp etc…)
- Local multiplayer (through Wi-Fi and Bluetooth) and online multiplayer (through Wi-Fi connection): Up to 4 players competing in Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch in 3 Multiplayer maps
- Intuitive iPhone controls offer unprecedented game fluidity. Choose among 3 different control systems: Default Controls, Screen Tap and Virtual Sticks
- Use a wide range of authentic, advanced weapons (2 assault rifles, sniper rifle, RPG, shotgun, submachine gun, light machine gun, heavy machine gun mounted on a moving 4X4, explosive grenades, flashbang grenades, radiation detector) enriched with a leveling system that allows the player to progressively unlock weapons and use munitions from fallen foes
- Aim and shoot with extra precision in Sniper and Ironsight mode
- Highly polished 3D graphics provide full immersion into the military experience and high intensity combat
- Cinematic snippets, military voice-overs and true-to-life situations increase game realism
- Gameloft LIVE!
The thing that makes Sandstorm such a wonderful game, is that enables the player to play online with up to 4 players (1 Vs. 1, 1 Vs. 2, or 2 Vs. 2) through Wi-Fi connection. If you don’t have a Wi-Fi connection, don’t worry, you’re still able to beat your friends via bluetooth (If friend own the game too). When the game was first released into the App Store, it didn’t have the feature of Online Play… unfortunately. To be honest, I don’t think nobody liked the game either, but that was before Gameloft took action & gave the players what they wanted. Now Sandstorm has been featured on the Top 25: Most Paid on the App Store.
To make the game the best that it could possibly be, Gameloft would need to fix some bugs. One of the biggest bugs is the re-spawning issue. Once you re-spawn, another play could kill you as many times as he wants, since you’ll keep re-spawning in the same place… over & over again. But other than that, Sandstorm is a wonderful game for FPS-lovers! Gameloft is definitley going to release another update so that the re-spawning issue will be fixed, I wouldn’t worry about that. If you enjoy First-person-shooter games, you should definitely check out Modern Combat: Sandstorm!
To learn more about Sandstorm & Gameloft, visit the Sandstorm web-page & Gameloft.com. Click here to follow Gameloft on Twitter, or click here to become a fan of them on Facebook.
Download Modern Combat: Sandstorm: HERE
Normally cutting fruits is boring & non-fun; but now there’s FRUIT NINJA! FRUIT NINJA is an application created for the Iphone & Itouch, and recently FRUIT NINJA HD was released for the Ipad. The application was created with a lot of creativity, you notice this while playing the game, because of it’s unique User-Interface. Once you launch the application, a creative Home screen will appear. Although the graphics are well thought through & well designed, I think they could be improved. The graphics look a bit old-schooled; once you play FRUIT NINJA you may or may not realize what i’m saying. The aim of FRUIT NINJA is to slice as many fruits as you can without slicing bombs(1 Type of Gaming Mode). The minute you slice your first fruit, the graphics start to get better. Now you’re able to see all the juice dripping from the sliced fruit, which to be honest, is kind of addicting to look at! You might ask yourself, “How do I slice fruits?”. You slice fruits by sliding your finger across the fruit, & as a matter of fact you do this for the rest of the game’s options as well. Instead of touching the screen like you find yourself doing in other games, you slide you finger across anything you’d like to ‘click’ on.
- Once FRUIT NINJA launches, the Home screen should appear, with 3 circles containing fruits. A new feature which was added in an updates is the DOJO, located at the lower left of the screen. Then there’s the ‘New Game’ option which is found right next to the DOJO. Last but not least is the Openfeint feature; located at the top right corner, placed diagonally above the ‘New Game’ option. As I mentioned before, the Home screen could use a bit more graphics, but other than that it’s been designed creatively.
- Once FRUIT NINJA is launched, you’ll be able to ‘Slice’ the ‘New Game’ option to access the 2/3 finished game modes. Once you’re in that option, you’ll be allowed to pick between two game modes: Classic & Zen Mode. While playing the Classic Mode of FRUIT NINJA, you have to slice as many fruits as possible without slicing bombs. The Player has 3 ‘lives’ which are bombs, once you slice 3 bombs the game’s over. Players can achieve High-Scores by making combos. You make combos by slicing as many fruits as possible in on go (Applies to both Game Modes). While playing the Zen Mode of FRUIT NINJA, you have 90 seconds to slice as many fruits & make the most combos as possible without ‘Lives’ & Bombs. Here’s a tip for high combos: You can use as many fingers for blades as you want. Personally I like the Classic Mode more, because I think it enables you to achieve a higher score than playing the Zen Mode.
- FRUIT NINJA contains Openfeint which allows you to connect with other people around the world, share High-Scores, compete, & much more! To use Openfeint you’ll need to make a FREE account, or sign in with one if you’ve already got one. FRUIT NINJA also allows you to post your latest High-Scores to Twitter & Facebook. I think that this application would be boring without Openfeint because you wouldn’t be able to compete about scores.
All-in-all, I think this applications has potential to become something greater than what it is at the moment. There will definitely have to be future updates to make this possible, I’m sure the developers are thinking about updates. To be honest I got bored really quickly playing this application, even with Openfeint integrated into FRUIT NINJA. In the end it’s just doing the same simple tasks after & after each other. But who knows! Maybe its your type of game.