Firemint hope’s the free online multiplayer update will be available when iOS4.2 is released. Players will be able to log in to Game Center to compete in real-time against friends and rivals in 4-person online multiplayer races. They can invite people to race, or be matched against others automatically. The current version of Real Racing HD already offers local multiplayer races for up to 6 over WiFi, or head-to-head over Bluetooth.
The new features will join the line-up of existing Real Racing HD features including:
- 6 game modes: Career Mode, Time Trial, Quick Race, local multiplayer, online multiplayer and online Leagues.
- Massive career mode with 76 events. Players can unlock 48 cars in four classes by winning races.
- 12 stunning unique tracks set in city, forest or desert environments.
- Game Center achievements and leaderboards (achievements and leaderboards also available without Game Center).
- Touch or tilt to steer, manual or automatic acceleration and braking.
- iPad exclusive “car-skins” – wrap an image from your photo library around your car
- iPad exclusive “ghost racing”
Are you going to purchase Real Racing HD for your iPad once Apple releases iOS 4.2? Do you think Firemint did the right thing by adding Multi-Player? Let us know in the comments!