Modern Combat: Sandstorm is one of the best First-Person-Shooters on the iPhone & iPod Touch. It re-defines FPS gaming on the iPhone & iTouch. Sandstorm was created & published by Gameloft, an American gaming company. Lets look at what Sandstorm has to offer…
- 10 missions featuring varied and highly polished Middle Eastern environments (city, hospital, sewers, port, lab, training camp etc…)
- Local multiplayer (through Wi-Fi and Bluetooth) and online multiplayer (through Wi-Fi connection): Up to 4 players competing in Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch in 3 Multiplayer maps
- Intuitive iPhone controls offer unprecedented game fluidity. Choose among 3 different control systems: Default Controls, Screen Tap and Virtual Sticks
- Use a wide range of authentic, advanced weapons (2 assault rifles, sniper rifle, RPG, shotgun, submachine gun, light machine gun, heavy machine gun mounted on a moving 4X4, explosive grenades, flashbang grenades, radiation detector) enriched with a leveling system that allows the player to progressively unlock weapons and use munitions from fallen foes
- Aim and shoot with extra precision in Sniper and Ironsight mode
- Highly polished 3D graphics provide full immersion into the military experience and high intensity combat
- Cinematic snippets, military voice-overs and true-to-life situations increase game realism
- Gameloft LIVE!
The thing that makes Sandstorm such a wonderful game, is that enables the player to play online with up to 4 players (1 Vs. 1, 1 Vs. 2, or 2 Vs. 2) through Wi-Fi connection. If you don’t have a Wi-Fi connection, don’t worry, you’re still able to beat your friends via bluetooth (If friend own the game too). When the game was first released into the App Store, it didn’t have the feature of Online Play… unfortunately. To be honest, I don’t think nobody liked the game either, but that was before Gameloft took action & gave the players what they wanted. Now Sandstorm has been featured on the Top 25: Most Paid on the App Store.
To make the game the best that it could possibly be, Gameloft would need to fix some bugs. One of the biggest bugs is the re-spawning issue. Once you re-spawn, another play could kill you as many times as he wants, since you’ll keep re-spawning in the same place… over & over again. But other than that, Sandstorm is a wonderful game for FPS-lovers! Gameloft is definitley going to release another update so that the re-spawning issue will be fixed, I wouldn’t worry about that. If you enjoy First-person-shooter games, you should definitely check out Modern Combat: Sandstorm!